Upgrading Zwiki
December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
About
This site is an effort to share some of the base knowledge I have gathered through all this years working with Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Python or Zope, among others. So, take a look around and I hope you will find the contents useful.
Recent Entries
Recent Comments
Recent Trackbacks
Categories
OpenBSD (9 items)
BSD (0 items)
FreeBSD (19 items)
Linux (3 items)
Security (3 items)
Python (22 items)
Zope (13 items)
Daily (144 items)
e-shell (9 items)
Hacks (14 items)
PostgreSQL (3 items)
OSX (8 items)
Nintendo DS (0 items)
enlightenment (0 items)
Apache (3 items)
Nintendo Wii (1 items)
Django (24 items)
Music (12 items)
Plone (7 items)
Varnish (0 items)
Lugo (2 items)
Sendmail (0 items)
europython (7 items)
Cherokee (1 items)
self (1 items)
Nature (1 items)
Hiking (0 items)
uwsgi (0 items)
nginx (0 items)
cycling (10 items)
Networking (1 items)
DNS (0 items)
Archives

Syndicate this site (XML)

RSS/RDF 0.91

16 octubre
2007

Upgrading Zwiki

or how to update your wikis in less than 5 minutes
[Zope] 

I've been using Zwiki a lot lately. I use it for some internal documentation sites at work, I've set up a customer private zone for Codigo23 customers and I've been setting up a new site for e-shell.org and Codigo23 based on Zwiki.

Before beginning to use it so much, one of the first things I tried was the Zwiki upgrade process,that is, the way I would upgrade all those sites, and if that process would be painful (like with any other systems) or not.

Well, today I decided to switch my production wikis from 0.59 to 0.60...

And it was a really easy operation.

First I downloaded the latest -stable version from Zwiki.org (saving the sources inside the Products folder of my Zope instance):

[Frey] /usr/local/www/Zope210/e-shell/Products> wget -c http://zwiki.org/releases/ZWiki-0.60.0.tgz
--17:43:15--  http://zwiki.org/releases/ZWiki-0.60.0.tgz
           => `ZWiki-0.60.0.tgz'
Resolving zwiki.org... 66.179.181.88
Connecting to zwiki.org|66.179.181.88|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 644,475 (629K)
[application/x-tar]
100%[====================================================================================================================>] 644,475      102.89K/s    ETA 00:0

17:43:51 (98.73 KB/s) - `ZWiki-0.60.0.tgz' saved  [644475/644475]

[Frey] /usr/local/www/Zope210/e-shell/Products>

Then I created a backup for the old Zwiki release:

[Frey] /usr/local/www/Zope210/e-shell/Products> mv ZWiki ZWiki-0.59

and after than I unpacked the .tgz file containing the new release:

[Frey] /usr/local/www/Zope210/e-shell/Products> tar -zxvvf ZWiki-0.60.0.tgz

And of course I restarted my Zope instance:

[Frey] /usr/local/www/Zope210/e-shell/Products> sudo ../bin/zopectl restart
. . . . . . . . . . daemon process restarted, pid=39256
[Frey] /usr/local/www/Zope210/e-shell/Products>

and et voilá, I have all my wikis upgraded to 0.60.

Posted by wu at 15:48 | Comments (0) | Trackbacks (0)
<< Soekris order (just ordered!) | Main | wiki.e-shell.org almost finished >>
Comments
There are no comments.
Trackbacks
Please send trackback to:http://blog.e-shell.org/4/tbping
There are no trackbacks.
Post a comment